9/1 oh figlet!?

I decided to switch things up a bit today and have a big meal for lunch instead of dinner. This meal started coming together about a week ago when I bought a box of figs at Wilson Farms. A couple days later, the figs were still sitting arond and I hadn't quite figured out what to do with them. Before they went bad, I opted to cook them with some Port and turn them into a sauce. They cooked for a solid hour at low heat before I passed them through a chinois, thereby getting rid of all the little seeds. Not only did all this save them from going bad, but it would invariably lead to a delicious meal later in the week. And so that meal was today. I grilled a pork chop on the bbq and made a grilled corn & tomato salad to go with it. As anticipated, the fig/port sauce, which was drizzled onto the chop, added quite a bit to the meal that would've otherwise been rather pedestrian. hooray figs!

No comments: