8/29 happy fish


So what do you do when you have frying oil left over from corn fritters? Why you fry fish of course! Behold the lane snapper, a close relative of the red snapper, swimming in a pool of deliciousness. Crispy on the outside but juicy and moist on the inside. If you've never fried a whole fish before, I highly recommend you do. You really don't actually need that much oil. I used less than 2 cups. Plus, it doesn't need a whole heck of a lot to make it into a fantastic meal... All you really need are a few slices of lemon! Actually, throw those slices in the oil with the fish for a few seconds and eat them too! Wish I would'a thought of that last night!

1 comment:

Woot said...

I am jealous of your lovely blue earthenware dish. This is one of the things that I need to add to my kitchen. That and a full-sized food processor. And a decent pressure cooker.