9/25 smoked salmon quiche

I couldn't resist picking up some smoked salmon at the Temescal Farmers Market this Sunday. Originally, I had planned to add it to a potato salad, but upon perusing the cookbooks, I spotted a recipe for a smoked fish quiche that I couldn't resist.

I made the shell in advance (on Sunday) and had it waiting in the freezer. This is a very simple quiche: just sauted scallions (in butter, of course), smoked salmon, and two eggs beat together with 1/2 cup creme fraiche, milk, and salt and pepper. I think I went a little heavy on the salmon, but that's because IT'S DELICIOUS. The side veg are quickly steamed baby green beans (known in pretentious circles as "hericots verts" - also from the farmers' market), halved cherry tomatoes, and slivered basil tossed with a couple tablespoons of butter, some lemon juice, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper.


p.s. The cats really got excited when I made this - uh, the quiche, not the veg.

No comments: