9/24 two-potato griddle cakes

Yet another CSA food conundrum here: too many got-tamn sweet potatoes. Sure, they are yummy and chock full of "the nutrients." But they are not as versatile as your regular potato. In the fall/winter/spring, Eatwell sends me sweet potatoes almost every week - and my list of things that I like to put them in is frighteningly short.

Enter, stage left, a new recipe. This one comes from Everyday Greens. A two-potato griddle cake that combines sweet and yellow finn potatoes with shallots, gruyere, parmesan, eggs, and flour into deliciousness! Served with a bitter greens and apple salad, this is a nice fall meal.

I had a lot of sweet potatoes, so I made a double batch and froze the rest of the patties. Maybe I'll pull them out for Chanukkah. After all, it's not just the chosen people who like festivals of lights and potato pancakes.

1 comment:

Tom said...

that cellophane makes it look creepy!