9/6 taco night

I've been pretty busy this week so I haven't cooked a whole heck of a lot. Mostly just eating salads and veggies. (I think I stuck around Berkeley a bit too long!) So I took care of the problem and made some steak tacos tonight. Pretty straight forward: skirt steak grilled medium rare (if that...) on a cast iron skillet, some guacamole and home made salsa. All this served on some hand-made (not by me) soft corn tortillas. Even Rachel Ray could make this in under thirty minutes.

3 comments:

NateAte said...

Miguel would never use guacamole and salsa on a taco. You have done him an injustice. And me - for not inviting me over for tacos ;-)

NateAte said...

AHHH

have you been.... do you know if he is still making tacos?!

Tom said...

if i had it my way, i'd go visit miguel every night. tongue tacos cooked on an oil drum converted into some sort of cooking device. the onions that cook in all the meat juices. the fresh cilantro and onions. the make shift toilet in the corner of the yard. the Primera DivisiĆ³n Mexicana playing in the background. What more could you want?