10/18 Meat and Potatoes

Once in a while everyone needs a pick-me-up kindda meal. A meal where calories just don't matter and you're just after delicious satisfaction. Thursday night was one of those meals. I coated a rib-eye, my favorite cut of meat, with three kinds of peppercorns (green, black and szechuan). At the same time i boiled some parsnips, potatoes and carrots to make a mash. I heated up my cast iron skillet and seared the meat nicely. Flipped it over and and threw it in the oven. While it finished, i mashed up the root vegetables with a fork and added heavy cream. yup. no skim milk here. 3 minutes later the rib-eye was done and it was time to max out the calories. Accordingly I made a nice heavy cream & mustard sauce in the skillet. Oh I did serve all this with a nice arugula salad - but fear not, i did cover it with some tasty olive oil.

No comments: