10/07 sweet potato pizza

I had planned on making this days ago, but I've already told you of my grave illness and my lack of cooking. In any case, good thing sweet potatoes are stable at room temperature for a couple of weeks.

This pizza has:
  • olive oil
  • baby leeks and garlic (sauted until golden)
  • roasted sweet potatoes (375 degree oven for about 35 minutes)
  • gruyere and parmesan cheese
  • minced thyme and sage
  • red pepper flakes
  • and trader joe's refrigerated pizza crust

The oven was a little hot so some of these sweet potatoes got a little crunchy, but all in all it was a decent show.

2 comments:

Tom said...

glad you decided to save the shrimp for another meal... this looks quite good! my new favorite thing is the veggie burrito at the local taqueria - but only when it includes sweet potato.

Woot said...

You were right. I was getting too ambitious. That never works out.