10/15 The Quickfire Challenge

Hungry and with not very few things other than beer in the fridge, I watched the Top Chef season 3 reunion show last night. For those of you who don't watch it (shame on you!), chef's compete against one another each week in various, often ridiculous, challenges. This is not a gimmicky show however. The contestants are very skilled executive or at the very least sous-chefs and the food they make is top notch stuff. Unlike anything shown on the food network, they actually cook on this show (it's on Bravo). Anyway, each week, the show begins with a "quickfire" challenge, where contestants are given a very limited time frame (often 10-30 minutes) to come up with something based on some ingredients or theme. So... as I was watching the reunion show and some of the quickfire highlights, I decided I should do the same and make something quick and tasty with whatever I could scrounge up in the house... (my theme was "be less hungry"). So here it is: Gnocchi with Apples, Turnips and Gruyeres.

I guess it's pretty self explanatory, I pan seared the frozen gnocchi i'd made a few weeks back, while I cooked a finely diced apple and turnip in butter in another skillet. Tossed each a few times before adding them to one another with some parseley and grated gruyeres. All in all a very successful 10 minute meal if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Lame.

You know why?

NO CHESTNUTS!

Does my vote count for nothing?

Is this blog rigged?

Tom said...

chestnuts will be coming - don't you worry!