10/14 Apple Picking

Although I was at Lisa + Nate's wedding in Groton, MA most of the weekend I did manage to convince a few of the people there to go apple picking on Sunday morning. For the most part, produce on this side of the country can't hold a candle to what comes out of California, except, of course, apples. As it turns out mid-October is pretty much the peak of apple season and Groton is pretty much the center of apple picking land in Massachusetts. So going apple picking on Sunday seemed like the only logical thing that we could possibly do.

So off we went to visit Phil and his less famous twin brother to drink some cider and pick enterprise, cortlands, mcintosh, macouns (my favorite) and a couple other varietals. As you can see, many apples were picked and I'll be eating them for some time to come - so keep an eye out for them to show up in my dishes...

No comments: