3/20 Clams and Chinese Sausage

I do like clams and these are no exception. Started this off by sauteeing an onion and some celery with some La Chang chinese sausage in olive oil. After a few minutes I added some clam juice I had left over from I dunno what. After that evaporated and the onions were nice and soft I threw in some garlic sambal (chili sauce) to balance off the sweetness from the sausage and a few large glugs of white wine. Brought everything to a boil and added the Mahogany Clams from Maine. I find these to be a great bargain at $5.99 for a whole bag at Whole Foods. Closed the lid and waited for them to start popping open. At that point, it's just like waiting for popcorn and I started drooling. As they opened i took them off the heat one at a time so they wouldn't get chewy. You've gotta love animals that have built in timers - brilliant!. Once they were all out, added a heaping tablespoon of creme fraiche and served it all up with some tasty bread. mmmm mmmm good!

No comments: