3/14 A veg pizza

Okay, I made this on February 3. That was a long time ago. Over a month. I know.

In any case, it seems only timely that I post a veg west coast pizza in response to Tom's pizza extravaganza. I like to make pizza, but I tend not to make my own crust - I buy TJ's premade dough, which is lazy but not half-bad. This means pizza does not have to be started in enough to time actually let the dough rise. I normally don't start cooking on a weeknight until 7:30-8, which means that getting bread rising action is not really going to happen.

This is a classic Greens pizza, with roasted tomatoes and garlic and thinly sliced, roasted potatoes. Add to this manchego (spanish sheep's cheese with a profoundly pleasing salty bite), gaeta olives, and basil. I was really happy with the crust-to-topping ratio with this pizza, and I actually ate leftovers on the plane to D.C. for the Smart Growth conference. It was way better than my usual cross-country meal of three bags of Jet Blue's signature Tierra Blue Potato Chips.

(it's worth looking at up close to see the perfect level of meltyness and crust browning)

No comments: