3/15 Saturday night is pizza night

Just when you thought that Tom and I couldn't possible make any more pizzas, think again! A pizza is always good. It works with whatever is in season and is a good bet when you're cooking for people you haven't met before (and thus cannot gauge potential food preferences and dispreferences).

I was inspired both by Tom's pizza night and my own success with getting yeasted tart crusts to rise, so I decided to make my own pizza dough. I really hate it when it turns out that homemade is like 10 times better than the convenience of store bought. My own dough was much lighter and more willing to be stretched out (without rebounding back into a ball - what is this a product of? Glutens? Only science can say). It was a joy to work with.

Here are the two pizzas. The first (above) had sauted mixed greens (kale, mustard, chard, and spinach) plus goat cheese, mozzarella and olives. The second had roasted portobello mushrooms,
sauted spring onions and garlic, fotina, and arugula. I prefer the mush pizza, but they were both pretty tastey.

No comments: