return to (circular) form

It just isn't fun to post without a little friendly back and forth, so many happy returns to Tom. Last weekend I was feeling a bit pizza-obsessed so I made two. The first was inspired by a pizza I had at the ever-delicious Pizzaiolo. This requires slicing fresh summer squash very thinly, a job that would be a lot easier to do with a mandolin but I still haven't gotten around to buying one.
  • raw, thinly sliced zucchini
  • cherry tomatoes
  • mozzarella
  • lemon zest
  • olive oil
  • salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parmesan for topping
In addition to my pizza obsession, I've been loving grain- and bean- based salads. They keep well, make delicious lunches as leftovers, and they're so healthy it makes me feel better for eating pizza non-stop. This pizza was accompanied by a lentil (mixed french green and umbrian brown), basil, onion and tomato salad.


The next day, I tried to pare down the pizza even further to highlight some amazing red and yellow tomatoes I've been getting in my CSA box. This pizza had:

  • thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
  • thinly sliced garlic
  • mozzarella and gorgonzola
  • italian parsley, salt and pepper to top
Serve with a green salad.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I really like the use of lemon zest on the pizza. I feel like a burst of acid is maybe what's missing on a lot of pizzas?